Building & Construction Technology
This course is designed to prepare trainees to acquire the necessary competencies to perform
tasks in Masonry, Floor tiling and Plumbing related activities required in the construction
industry. The course addresses the high demand of qualified technicians in the fast growing
Why study Building and Construction Technology?
• Acquire skills and competencies to work in the dynamic Construction industry as a
qualified technician in Masonry, Floor tiling and plumbing.
• Acquire sufficient drawing knowledge and skills to enable learners draw and interpret
• Acquire knowledge for proper use and care of relevant craft tools and equipment
• Acquire knowledge and skills in the technology and management of the building
industry. Learners are taught constructing, deconstructing, renovating, maintaining or
repairing buildings and construction works.
• Acquire knowledge for installation, repair and maintenance of domestic, commercial
and industrial plumbing systems.
• Site foreman
• 1.5 years (3 semesters of each 6 months)
To be admitted for this course at ECT, one will have to fulfill the following minimum entry
requirements as per KNEC, sit and pass the ECT entrance exam (ECoTeT).